Car Accident Attorneys in Bluefield, WV
Nearly a Decade of Legal Experience Serving West Virginia
Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC first opened our doors in 1931 and have been providing compassionate and knowledgeable representation and guidance for car accident claimants ever since. If you have been blindsided by a reckless, distracted, or drunk driver in Bluefield, WV, then you should make us your first choice for assistance.
We are here to help you understand your rights, determine liability and damages, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf. Although we are known throughout the state for the care that we show our clients, which is counterbalanced by the aggression we show the opposition.
Right now is a good time to learn more about your rights after an auto accident. Contact our car accident attorneys in Bluefield, WV today at (304) 713-2014.
How Do Car Accidents Happen?
A cornerstone of our representation as your Bluefield, WV car accident lawyers will be figuring out what mistakes the other driver did to cause your traffic collision. We want to be able to prove through a convincing argument and objective evidence that you were not liable for your accident. By reducing your liability, we can increase how much compensation you are paid at the end of a successful claim.
Most car accidents in West Virginia are caused by one or more of the following mistakes:
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield
- Driving through red-light intersections
- Misunderstanding of road rules
Compensation for Your Medical Bills
The cost of your medical care after being seriously injured in a car accident can rapidly exceed your healthcare insurance limits. No matter your policy and its details, you should not be responsible for your medical costs if you did not cause your accident. The payments should be provided by the other driver and their insurance provider.
What injuries did you suffer in your car accident?
- Head or brain injuries (TBI)
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Back or spine injuries
- Bone fractures
- Permanent scarring
Severe injuries require serious medical treatment that will likely continue after you are first released from the hospital. You may require continuing medical care like physical therapy and rehabilitation for weeks, months, or even years after a bad crash. As your trusted Bluefield, WV car accident attorneys, we will work carefully to calculate all of your damages, accounting for what you have already experienced and what you are likely to accrue in the future.
Special Considerations & Rules for Car Accident Claims
Car accident laws and the rules of car insurance are complex in West Virginia. To get a better understanding of what might come up as your case develops, we would like to give you a quick review of a few other special considerations and rules. If you have any more questions, you can, of course, call us at (304) 713-2014 to get the guidance of our legal team.
Four car accident-related topics and rules you should know about:
- Statutes of limitations: There is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, including car accident claims, in West Virginia. If you do not file a claim within two years of your accident, then the court may dismiss any future claim you file without even reviewing it.
- Mandatory reporting: You are required to report any car accident in West Virginia that causes an injury, death, or more than $1,000 of property damage. The easiest way to report the accident is to call 911 and ask for emergency responders to come to the scene.
- Fault determination: West Virginia allows you to file a claim against the driver or drivers liable for your crash, and you can demand damages equal to their total liability. If you cannot prove that they were liable for your accident, then you might not be able to collect the compensation you deserve.
- Insurance requirements: Motorists in West Virginia must purchase and keep current car insurance coverage that meets the state’s minimums. Currently (2020), drivers must have 25/50/25 coverage, which means $25,000 for bodily injuries per person, $50,000 for all bodily injuries per accident, and $25,000 for property damage per accident.
We Would Like to Hear from You – Call (304) 713-2014
You should not try to fight a car insurance company alone. Leave the biggest and most frustrating legal battles to the Bluefield, WV accident attorneys of Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC. We know the ins and outs of insurance claims and the tactics that insurers often use to try to escape paying claimants even a cent of compensation after a crash. With us at the head of your case, you can rest easy in knowing that an experienced team has your best interests in mind, every step of the way.
Contact our car accident lawyers in Bluefield, WV at any time at (304) 713-2014. There are no attorney fees unless we win your case.
What Sets Us Apart?
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Call (304) 713-2014 to schedule a free consultation today! We will travel to you if you are unable to make it to one of our offices.
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Auto Accident $750 Thousand
Personal Injury $600 Thousand
Bad Faith Claim $550 Thousand