Charleston Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck Accident Claims in West Virginia
Far too often, trucking companies and their insurance providers try to distance themselves from any liability for a truck accident caused by one of their truckers or vehicles. They know that the consequent financial damages can be excessive due to the destructive force behind a fast-traveling and heavy big rig. By shirking responsibility, they attempt to save their profits and bottom lines, not considering the harm it is doing to truck accident victims.
At Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC in Charleston, we don’t think it is right for trucking companies to sidestep such an important responsibility, which is why we are devoted to doing all we can for our truck accident clients.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
What was the cause of your truck accident? The question is easier asked than solved, but our legal team is renowned for being able to pinpoint liability in even the most complex of cases. We can rely on our own 85+ years of legal experience, available evidence, and input from various experts like accident reconstructionist professionals to prove you were not liable for the crash. With your liability minimized, ideally down to nothing, we can demand the maximum amount of compensation from the opposition.
Truck accidents often happen due to:
- Exhaustion: Although the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) allows most commercial truck drivers to work 14-hour shifts, it does not excuse trucker exhaustion behind the wheel. After driving for the majority of the day, a trucker can get fatigued, hindering their driving abilities as if they were heavily intoxicated.
- Speeding: To try to keep their workdays shorter, some truck drivers may be tempted to speed along the highways and reach destinations sooner. Speeding while driving such a huge, heavy vehicle is an awful idea, as it will dramatically increase the length of road needed to bring the truck to a complete stop.
- Blind spots: Semi-trucks have numerous blind spots that are much bigger than those on smaller vehicles. Motorists should never try to linger in a truck’s blind spot, but sometimes traffic conditions force it. As such, it remains a truck driver’s responsibility to only change lanes, merge, and turn when they are confident there are no vehicles in their blind spots.
- Unsecured cargo: Freight and products that have not been properly secured to a tractor-trailer can come loose in transit, spilling debris onto the road. Any motorists behind the big rig can be placed in abrupt danger, either forcing them to get hit by the loose cargo or swerve into adjacent lanes to avoid it, which might cause an accident, too.
Damages You Can Recover From a Truck Accident Claim
While ever case is unique, the types of damages in a truck accident claim often include:
- Hospitalization, emergency medical care, and other medical bills
- Lost wages or reduced capacity to earn a livable wage
- Vehicle repair or replacement cost
- Emotional trauma and pain/suffering
When you come to our law firm for legal assistance, you will find a team of attorneys who take each claim to heart, as if we were representing ourselves. No matter the extent of the damages you deserve, we will be focused on securing every last penny of compensation.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
The processes behind a successful claim take time and effort to complete, which are two things you might not have as someone who was seriously injured in a crash. To take the many responsibilities of your claim off your hands, come to our Charleston truck accident attorneys for assistance.
We make it simple for our clients by doing all we can on their behalves. You can stay at home and rest while we build your claim, go to the court and file it for you, and respond to any incoming inquiries from the named defendants. All the while, we keep you informed, so you never feel like you aren’t a part of your own claim.
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Class Action $4.5 Million
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Medical Malpractice $1.3 Million
Slip & Fall Injury $1,056,000