Princeton Background Check Lawyers
Representing Victims in False Background Check Claims in West Virginia
What is an Employment Report?
Increasingly, employers are using consumer reports to screen job applicants and make promotion decisions in all types of industries, from banking to trucking and food service. These reports are referred to as employment reports, background checks, or background screening reports.
They contain information about a consumer’s past work history, criminal record history, public records, and other information. Unfortunately, like traditional credit reports, employment reports are often riddled with common reporting errors that can cause a person to be denied a potential job, or even lose an existing one. The damage can be very significant, especially in a tight job market
To schedule a free consultation with our legal team, call (304) 713-2014 or complete our contact form.
What rights do consumers have against false employment reports?
Fortunately, the law regulates both the companies that sell employment reports as well as the employers who use them. The law protects consumers in the following ways:
- Requires that employment reports meet the standard of maximum possible accuracy
- Requires employers to get a consumer’s permission before obtaining a background report
- Requires employers to provide to the consumer a copy of the report and a summary of their FCRA rights before taking adverse action (such as not hiring an applicant or firing an employee)
- Requires employers to notify consumers when a job is denied or terminated due to an employment report
- Permits consumers to review and dispute inaccurate information in an employment report
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
At Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC, our legal team is dedicated to helping the victims of false background checks recover justice. We can evaluate your case to identify all liable parties and hold them accountable for their negligence.
Schedule a no-cost case evaluation with our Princeton Background Check attorneys if you are interested in filing a claim — send us a messageor call (304) 713-2014 to get started.
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Class Action $4.5 Million
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Medical Malpractice $1.3 Million
Slip & Fall Injury $1,056,000