Princeton Coal Mining & Gas Accident Lawyers
Serving Clients throughout West Virginia for Nearly a Century
People dedicate a lot of time and effort working hard to provide for their families. That is why a workplace injury can be so devastating. If you were injured at work, you need the help of an experienced attorney on your side.
At Katz, Kantor, Stonestreet & Buckner, we have over 80 years of experience helping people who were injured or who lost a loved one due to a workplace accident to get the compensation they need and deserve. Schedule a free consultation with our West Virginia personal injury lawyers today.
Coal Mining Accidents
Mining is one of the most dangerous industries, with thousands of minors being hurt or killed every year worldwide in mines. Some of the most common mining dangers include:
- Gas explosions
- Vehicle or equipment collisions
- Chemical leakage
- Heat stroke
- Black lung
- Air quality problems
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
The United States Bureau of Mines (USBM) regulates the mining industry by protecting miners and providing them a way to report any dangerous conditions. Our firm has the experience and knowledge to understand the regulations that may have been violated and the dangers that miners face.
The Gas Pipeline Safety Division regulates and enforces safety standards in the gas pipeline industry.
Some of the most common gas industry related injuries are:
- Gas leaks
- Excavation accidents
- Equipment-related injuries
We have experience handling cases involving gas industry accidents. If you have been injured while working in the gas industry, we have the knowledge and experience you need on your side to protect your rights and get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Sources of Compensation
There are a few different routes we can pursue to help you obtain compensation for what you need.
- Worker’s Compensation: The West Virginia worker’s compensation program protects workers by compensating them for their medical bills and loss of income.
- Civil lawsuit: If your injury was caused by an employer’s intentional or negligent actions, or the negligence of a third party, a civil lawsuit may be your best option. For example, if the employer has failed to ensure a safe work environment by violating the laws set out to protect employees, they may be liable if their deliberate intent to violate a rule can be proven. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration sets out regulations that are designed to protect workers. If the employer knowingly violated one of these regulations, and this violation resulted in your injury, they are likely responsible for compensating you.
- Third-party liability: If the accident was caused by someone other than the employer or a co-worker, you still may have a proper claim for a lawsuit. For example, an accident caused by defective equipment or machinery, or an automobile or truck accident that happened while working can be covered under a third-party liability type of lawsuit.
Call Us Today
If you are in the Southern West Virginia area and have been injured in the workplace or lost a loved one due to a workplace accident, contact us today for representation by compassionate coal mining accident attorneys who will take your case personally.
We strive to ensure you and your family get the compensation you need after a devastating injury. With offices in Princeton, Bluefield, and Charleston West Virginia, we serve clients throughout southern West Virginia.
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Class Action $4.5 Million
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Medical Malpractice $1.3 Million
Slip & Fall Injury $1,056,000