Serving Clients throughout West Virginia
At Katz, Kantor, Stonestreet & Buckner, we want you to have the best possible chance at a favorable outcome. We’ve posted some helpful links below to give you more information about how to proceed with your case. If you need more information, we suggest calling a legal professional to ensure your rights are protected and that you get the best possible result for your legal matter.
We have two offices in Princeton and Bluefield, West Virginia and serve clients throughout Kanawha County and points south in Mercer, McDowell, Wyoming, Summers, and Raleigh counties.
Personal Injury Resources
Automobile and Truck Accidents
- The West Virginia DMV provides a guide for those involved in an automobile accident.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has information on the rules governing commercial vehicles and their drivers.
- The National Safety Council is a nonprofit organization that works to make the world safer by preventing injuries and deaths at home, in the workplace and on the road.
- Kelley Blue Book is the official guide used to determine the value of a car.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has information aimed at preventing crashes and other information about automobile recalls and highway safety information. NHTSA also operates www.distraction.gov —the official U.S. government website for distracted driving.
- For information on products that have been recalled due to defects, visit the Consumer Products Safety Commission website. For the latest recalls and information on dangerous drugs and defective medical devices, visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Nursing Home Neglect Resources
Medicare provides a website that allows you to get information on nursing homes and compare nursing homes you may be considering. Visit Nursing Home Compare for more information and to find out how well a nursing home is rated.
Report Adult Abuse & Neglect
If you suspect elder abuse, contact the West Virginia Bureau for Children and Families Adult Protective Services West Virginia, or call the 24-Hour Statewide Elder Neglect & Abuse Hotline at 1-800-352-6513. To reach the West Virginia Long-Term Care Ombudsman (in charge of overseeing nursing home abuse and neglect), telephone 1-877-987-4463.
The National Center on Elder Abuse is the place to turn to for up-to-date information regarding research, training, best practices, news and resources on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Medical Malpractice Resources
The American Medical Association (AMA) provides an AMA Code of Medical Ethics that is a guide for the doctor-patient relationship and the medical profession.
All physicians and physician assistants are licensed through the West Virginia Board of Medicine. This Board is also responsible for regulating and disciplining its members. They provide information on every licensed physician and any disciplinary actions taken against them. This is also the place to make a complaint about a physician.
Coal Mining & Gas Accident Resources
- If you have been injured at work, you may qualify for worker’s compensation. Visit the website for the West Virginia Worker’s Compensation insurance program.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is the primary agency that regulates and enforces safety standards for the workplace. You can also file a complaint if you notice a violation a safety regulation at your workplace.
- United States Bureau of Mines (USBM) regulates the mining industry and provides a forum for miners to report violations of the safety requirements for mining.
- The Gas Pipeline Safety Division regulates and enforces safety requirements for the gas industry.
Insurance Dispute Resources
The West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner website has educational information on insurance along with recent news and events regarding insurance and other resources.
Wills, Estates & Trusts Resources
The IRS website provides detailed information about estate taxes and how to file an estate tax return.
Click here to read the laws in West Virginia regarding how property is distributed if you die without a will.
Income Tax Resources
IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service is an IRS-provided service that is your advocate and your voice at the IRS.
Spinal Cord Injuries Resources
NINDS Spinal Cord Injury Information Page provides detailed information about spinal cord injuries, including treatment options and the most recent research information.
Katz, Kantor, Stonestreet & Buckner Online Case Articles
- Man sues Polaris Industries for defective vehicle
- Man sues Capitol City Broadway for nightclub attack
- Woman blames Bluefield rink for daughter’s roller skating injuries
- Woman claims unsterile environment at Princeton Community Hospital caused infection
- Man alleges West Virginia State Police officers violated his constitutional rights
- Four lawsuits filed against State trooper
- Injured driver alleges Horace Mann Property & Casualty owes him $1 million in coverage