Bluefield Truck Accident Attorneys
Prepare a Thorough Truck Accident Claim
In West Virginia, truck accidents are unfortunately common. The state is among the top 10 in the nation for annual truck accidents that cause catastrophic injuries and traffic deaths. If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident along the highways of West Virginia, know you are not alone. Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC in Bluefield is here to help you make sense of your injury claim and the weeks ahead, just as we have done for so many others in situations much like yours.
How Truck Accidents Happen
Do you know what caused your truck accident? While the question might seem simple, the answer can be as complicated as it is important. Our team in Bluefield can investigate the available evidence and seek out further proof of your truck accident’s cause, which will direct us to who is liable for your damages.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are:
- Truck driver exhaustion: As surprising as it might be, most truck drivers can be scheduled for 14-hour shifts and 70-hour workweeks without violating any Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Driving for several hours can be tiring. Driving for the better part of a day can be downright exhausting, which is why trucker exhaustion is a leading cause of truck accidents across the nation.
- Trucking company negligence: The companies that employ or contract truck drivers have a responsibility to hire only drivers who are capable of safely performing the job’s duties. Trucking companies that hire truckers with poor driving records or a history of alcohol abuse can contribute to a crash. Truckers without much experience behind the wheel should also be trained by their parent trucking company until they are cleared for work.
- Loose or unsecured cargo: Driving behind or around a commercial truck can be dangerous when the cargo being hauled by that vehicle has not been secured properly. Loose cargo can fall into the road, striking other vehicles. Incorrectly stacked cargo can also make a trailer top-heavy, causing it to tip into adjacent lanes when the truck turns.
With these three common causes in mind, it is clear that the truck driver might not be the only party liable for your damages. Your claim could also list the trucker’s employer, mechanics who worked on their truck, the truck’s manufacturer, and even a third-party load crew as defendants, who will answer separately. Whether your case calls for one claim or several, we are the team you can trust to manage everything.
What Damages Can You Get After a Truck Crash?
The size of a commercial truck makes them dangerous threats to smaller vehicles on the road. A collision at practically any speed can cause significant damage to a smaller car, severely injuring anyone inside. It is not unusual for a truck accident to result in catastrophic and life-changing injuries that require extensive medical treatments.
Following a serious truck accident, you might require compensation to help pay for:
- Emergency medical treatments
- Weeks or months of hospitalization
- Years of rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced income earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Shortened life expectancy
When to Hire an Attorney
Insurance companies will put up a fight for practically any truck accident claim because they know that hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in damages could be on the line. You can expect them to throw every resource they have to dismantle your argument and give you as little as possible, which might mean nothing at all.
To fight for every penny you deserve without putting more stress on your shoulders, come to Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC. Our Bluefield truck accident lawyers’ experiences with insurance companies and trucking companies are vital to your successful pursuit of obtaining the full measure of compensation that you or the family of a lost loved one deserve. For more information on the dangers of commercial motor vehicles and tractor-trailer accidents, click here.
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Auto Accident $750 Thousand
Personal Injury $600 Thousand
Bad Faith Claim $550 Thousand