Charleston, WV Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in a Car Accident?
You are probably feeling enough stress and frustration after being in a car accident without having to deal with stubborn insurance companies who want to pay you nothing for your damages. To take the trouble of filing and managing a car accident claim right off your shoulders, call Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC as soon as you can.
We are a Charleston, WV law firm that was first founded in 1931. Although the cars and roads looked much different back then, our firm held the same dedication to client satisfaction that we do today.
If you've been in a crash, call (304) 713-2014, or contact us online, to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Charleston, WV.
Should I Seek Medical Attention After a Car Accident?
Before we get into some of the other details of car accident claims, it is important to take a moment to say you should see a trusted medical professional as soon as possible if you have not already. Far too often, people feel achy and sore after a car accident, but do not think they need medical attention.
Skipping the doctor after a crash is problematic for two reasons:
- Unsafe: You could have underlying injuries that have not flared up yet, so you do not know about them. Seeing a doctor for a checkup after a car accident could identify these issues, like a concussion or bone fracture, before they have a chance to get worse.
- Complicates your claim: Without a medical record showing you were in an accident and sought medical care, it makes it more difficult to validate your claim and pursue compensation. The defending insurance company will jump on the gap in your medical care and try to argue that you were not hurt at all or that the accident never happened. Do not give them that opportunity. Take care of yourself and your claim and seek medical attention after a crash.
Causes of Car Accidents in Charleston, WV
Behind virtually every car accident is an act of negligence. The key to your car accident claim is finding out what type of negligence or mistake the other driver or another party carried out to cause it and your injuries. With our decades of collective legal experience, we can narrow in on the causes of car accidents quickly, keeping your claim moving without sacrificing on its quality.
Some of the most common causes for car accidents in Charleston and elsewhere are:
- Drunk drivers: Intoxication to virtually any degree drastically limits a person’s abilities to safely drive a vehicle. Reaction time, the ability to judge distances, and even visual clarity are all worsened after just one drink.
- Distracted drivers: Smartphone use behind the wheel has become common in America. Some safety groups like the National Safety Council (NSC) estimate upwards of 40% of all car crashes involve a distracted driver, with most of those drivers holding their cellphones at the time of the collision.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit remains a persistent hazard on roads throughout West Virginia. Each posted speed limit is calculated based on expected traffic patterns, road design and size, and typical weather in the area. Driving faster than the posted limits inherently increases the risk of an accident.
- Vehicle defects: Many car accidents can be traced back to a single defect in the vehicle, like faulty brakes, thin-walled tires, or accelerators that stick. When a vehicle defect causes a crash, the consequent injury claims will need to challenge an automaker, which usually requires a lawyer’s help.
Start Your Charleston, WV Car Accident Claim Today
The longer you wait to take legal action after a car accident, the more time you give the liable party to prepare their defense. Take the initiative by connecting with Katz Kantor Stonestreet & Buckner, PLLC and our Charleston, WV accident attorneys. Backed by various legal titles and awards – including recognition from the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and The Top 25 Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers – you can trust us to do what is right for your case from start to finish.
We want to hear from you. Dial (304) 713-2014 to speak with a car accident attorney in Charleston, WV and start building your case today.
Trusted Legal Representation Since 1931
One Firm That Can Handle Your Legal Needs
Prepared to Go to Trial to Fight for Your Recovery
Committed to Maximizing Your Compensation
Easily Accessible & Available When You Need Us
Free Consultations for Your Injury Claims
Workplace Injury $2.2 Million
Auto Accident $1.6 Million
Motor Vehicle Collision $1.4 Million
Auto Accident $750 Thousand
Personal Injury $600 Thousand
Bad Faith Claim $550 Thousand